Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Feeding Myself

It's always a challenge to plan and prepare what you need to eat daily, even more challenging when you intend to eat 'healthy'. Ah, for the past week I tried punishing myself for over eating. Hoping to get my belly into shape. Restraining it from wanting to eat more (it has become a bottomless pit lately), and choosing the healthier option. But somehow it made me want to crave for cake and ice cream and whatnots. Skipping rice must have done that to me...

So now, I will feed myself! I guess I'm happier that way... way better! I love this multigrain loaf I bought from an organic grocery in the neighborhood. Supposedly a good source of fiber and keeps me full. I also tried greek yoghurt, a bit creamier than what I'm used to, I will not buy it again.

Here are some in my pantry:

  • fat free yoghurt
  • feta cheese
  • grapes, apples, pears, bananas
  • raisins
  • oatmeal
  • multi grain bread
  • spinach, spring mix
  • poppy seed dressing
  • turkey bacon
  • ground pork
  • chuck round sirloin
  • salmon
  • skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • whole chicken (can't wait to try making "the ragen")
  • apple juice
  • cranberry pomegranate juice
  • nutella!
  • cereals
Exercise routine ho-hum, my lower abdomen around the stitch has been sore the past few days. When I was at the elliptical yesterday, it even hurts when I sneezed. Have to take things lightly until I see my doctor next Friday. I do hope holding little Miro around, lifting him up and down, bouncing/squatting while carrying him, and many more count as cardio. (Makes me wonder how come other people lose weight when they don't get enough sleep? I hope that applies to me...)

Today, I hope I would be able to do some cardio. Yesterday, it was cut short because the king woke up. It was like in the middle of a warm up... well everyday is a struggle. Good luck to me!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP