Sunday, April 26, 2009

04.26.2009 (My Birthday)

No treats for me! I welcomed m 32nd year by checking myself in at the nearest emergency room. The headache which woke me up the other night did not budge despite taking tylenol. I checked my blood pressure at the pharmacy area and found that I was a bit hypertensive at 131/95 with a pulse rate of 106. It got me worried!!! Am I having hypertensive headache? Am I having a stroke? Am I going to die on my birthday?

These thoughts, the pain, and the nausea did not allow me to sleep. I woke up at around 2:30 in the morning and decided I better get myself checked the soonest.

There is nothing serious, so far. My blood pressure apparently is not that high to cause any major concern. The doctor would have wanted an MRI for my headache but it was not available at the wee hours. He referred me to a neurologist since I told him migraine attacks are pretty usual for me. He asked me to skip the niacin and see if my headache goes away, and gave me percocet (that is a narcotic, thank you very much!) and something for my nausea.

Went home at around 5:00 in the morning, took the percocet and went to bed pain free, a happy birthday to me! Wah! But I woke up at around noon with a head pounding and that oh so familiar neck pain which made me cry, coupled with the darn nausea which gave me no choice but to vomit.

Not a pretty picture for a birthday celebration! What could be happening to me?

***
Breakfast:
Whole MultiGrain Bread
Water plus narcotics

Lunch:
Whole MultiGrain Bread
Grilled Chicken
Wonton Soup
Greens in Fish Sauce
(cheats: chocolate covered pretzels and fried vietnames egg rolls)

Snacks:
Chocolate covered pretzels
Whole MultiGrain Bread

Dinner:
I want to get out of the house!!! My boys were ready but they just waited for me patiently since I fell asleep while they were preparing themselves. As soon as I got out from the shower, the little one dozed off. I just let him, he was up all night at the ER too. My bad. So, I made pasta. I tried the whole grain one, it was good! But the prune juice, eek! I'd rather have water.


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP