Sunday, October 30, 2011

Starter Kit

Okay, I haven't been exercising nor consciously eating well. However, after two months on medication I lost a good five pounds yehey! Now, I only have ten more to lose before I go back to my pre-pregnancy weight (two years ago). Well, a good fifteen would be nice to shed to get back into my old weight (a decade ago) before I became a mother. But the point really is to lower my triglycerides level to 150 or below. I have to wait another two weeks for the blood test results. 

I seriously need to jump start my exercise regimen. Maybe November will be a good month to kick off with, a challenge-full couple of months with all the holiday feasting! Let's see how I can hold up to that. I cannot for the life of me get into  my planned South Beach diet, I just seem to fail successfully. I don't know how I did it a couple of years ago. How did I manage to withdraw from sugar for two weeks? Seriously, how? Oh well...

Today, I woke up feeling refreshed compared to yesterday's blues. I took a quick shower and pretty much made myself up. I had a spoonful of Greek yogurt. Just that while feeding the little one. Then had a bowl of chicken tortilla soup (store bought from our grocery's deli) and a few saltine crackers. It seems light I know. But wait, I have a Halloween party to attend to in a few... so I shall see how much more I will stuff my belly with for today.

As to exercising, maybe I should get real. Perhaps doing cardio twice a day for fifteen minutes each would do wonders. Maybe I can stick with that, rather than an hour long exercise routine. I said to myself that once I discipline myself to sleeping earlier than usual, I may be able to discipline myself to exercise. And proudly so, I can sleep early now. Not because I am trying, but because I am just so exhausted when clock strikes at nine  in the evening. Other days I can stretch up to midnight and maybe a couple nights up to the wee hours, but I could not really tolerate it anymore.

So here I am, starting anew (again)! Hopefully the effects of exercise would go beyond lowering my triglycerides... make me feel and look good! Who does not want that, huh?

0 comments:

Encouragements

About This Blog

Health and fitness for my sanity... I would like to lose my baby belly once and for all. I have about 15-20 lbs and six inches to lose.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP