Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wake Up Call!

A literal wake up call is what I got from my doctor yesterday afternoon. I was amidst a semi nap nursing a migraine, when the phone rang. "Your triglycerides are very high!", she said. WHAT? 700+ and the normal should be below 150?!  Oh no!!! 

I will be picking up my medications, perhaps tonight if it's ready. I will be taking Lopid to prevent my liver from producing too much triglycerides. I don't know why this happened to me? Sigh. 

I have been worried about my high triglycerides since 2007...  Two years ago, I successfully lowered it from 500+ to 200! That shrank my waistline and I dropped about thirteen pounds...  Got pregnant soon after, gave birth, and got pregnant again when I was about to take my medications to manage it. Now, it has increased way too much.

So what's my plan?

  • 15 mins (at least) daily cardio
  • medications twice daily
  • fruits and vegetables
  • white meat only (bye bye porky, bye bye moo)
  • high fiber, whole grain (bye pastries)
  • truvia instead of sugar
  • non fat milk, yogurt
  • egg whites only
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Liza August 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM  

Hala, Tiris, that's really high! Be careful now, ok? I know you can do it. Stay away from anything fried, if you can. Take care!

Mommy Blogs August 27, 2011 at 11:48 PM  

Thanks Liz! I hope to be good... hay kakuyaw na ani. Best side effect siguro is to get skinny LOL!

Encouragements

About This Blog

Health and fitness for my sanity... I would like to lose my baby belly once and for all. I have about 15-20 lbs and six inches to lose.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP